How To Apply PMJAY Scheme? Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme, Eligibility
PMJAY Scheme, How to apply Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme, Eligibility, and more.
The Government of India devises programs to benefit Indian citizens, particularly those with low incomes. One of the most well-known schemes launched by current Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
The scheme aims to cover the healthcare needs of over 50 million Indians. PMJAY provides insurance coverage that includes hospitalization coverage of up to INR 5 lakh per family per year. Because the program is aimed at low-income families, there are different eligibility requirements for urban and rural residents. Let's take a closer look at the PMJAY scheme and how you can apply for hospitalization coverage worth up to 5 lakhs.
Ayushman Bharat PMJAY Scheme Advantages and Benefits
The PMJAY focuses on India's underprivileged population. It includes both private and public sector hospitals for the beneficiary to use for cashless services. It also covers any pre-existing diseases, which is fantastic.
In terms of benefits, the PMJAY scheme provides free treatment and healthcare, as well as hospitalization coverage of up to 5 lakhs per family per year. It includes 25 specialty categories and 1354 medical and surgical packages as part of the scheme. It also includes coverage for follow-up treatment.
Ayushman Bharat Eligibility Criteria
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna is one of the best healthcare-related schemes offered by the Government of India to both rural and urban residents. However, in order to benefit from PMJAY, you must be eligible. Continue reading to learn about the eligibility requirements.
PMJAY Scheme: Rural Eligibility Criteria
- Families living in a single room with kuccha walls and a kuccha roof
- Household with no adult, male, or earning member between the ages of 16 and 59
- Families of manual scavengers
- Families in which no members are between the ages of 16 and 59.
- Landless households with earning members who do manual labor for a living.
PMJAY Scheme: Urban Eligibility Criteria
- Domestic laborer
- Vendors of Beggar's Stress/cobblers/hawkers
- Worker in construction / coolie / security guard/welder/painter/labor
- Cart driver/conductor/rickshaw driver/transport worker
- Mali/sanitation worker/handicrafts worker/tailor sweeper / home-based artisans
- Shop employee/waiter/peon/delivery assistant/assistant
This is a list of people in India who are eligible for the PMJAY scheme, both in rural and urban areas.
What Documents Are Required To Apply For PMJAY?
As with any government product or service, you will need specific documents to apply for PMJAY, and here is a list of those documents.
- Casting certificate
- Verification of age and identity (via Aadhaar or PAN card)
- Contact information (phone, email, and address)
- Income certification confirming a maximum annual income of not more than 5 lakhs
- Documents demonstrating the family's joint or nuclear status
How To Apply For PMJAY Scheme?
Let's take a look at how you can apply for the PMJAY Scheme and reap the benefits.
- To begin, visit the Ayushman Bharat PMJAY website.
- Enter your mobile number and captcha, then click the "Generate OTP" button.
- To proceed, enter the OTP that should have been generated on your phone by now.
- Next, enter your name, ration card number, state, mobile number, and any other information requested to the best of your ability.
- If your family meets the eligibility criteria, check to see if your and your family's names are on the list, which you can access online.